It means choosing again eternal joy over temporary discomfort. It means choosing the lonely and desolate places, the isolated pathways of the Spirit to be endued with power from on high to shake a generation.
It means choosing to serve when others belittle, demean you, when your worth and contributions are criticised, knowing that your true aim is to please an audience of One.
It means dying out to a “comfortable” life and taking up the call that has echoed in the hearts of missions minded for centuries: how can they believe on whom they have not heard? How can they hear if there is no preacher? How can they preach unless they are sent?
Unless we choose to be light, we are asking the darkness to win. We’ve been given the light of the world, the greatest commission in the world, “Go Ye,”
Looking around for “someone to go?” Let the penny drop. He was taking to you, to me, and we must tell darkness, “you cannot comprehend the light.”
So to the communities, lands, nations, and continents, I now say, from a position of maturity, from the vantage point of budding wisdom and experience,
I will STILL GO.
I will shine the light my Father gives me so others can discover “the Way.”
And I know, with as yet unrealised dreams and visions still inside of me, it will be worth it.
It will be worth it ALL.
I get that some people won’t get it. Some will question why I went, why I go, why I continue to walk on planes away from all I hold dear to the allure of lands and people as yet unknown, but I will still go.
I get that some people will not understand the passion that burns inside of me, and that they will never be privy to the cries that touch my Father’s heart in the night seasons, but I will still go.
I get that this means signing up for betrayal, deep rejection and seasons of pain to produce the character and compassion necessary to change a nations heart. But I will still go.
I get that this will sometimes, and for some seasons, require walking alone in my own garden of gethsemane, and choosing again to take His cup.
But I will Still go.
Everybody wants the party. We all want to join the celebration at the pearly gates, but we must, we must be willing to pay the price.
Paul, perhaps the greatest Missionary the world has known, said it like this, “My life is worth nothing to me unless I use it finish the work assigned to me by the Lord Jesus– the work of telling others about Him…” He spoke of the unknown trials ahead, he spoke of future suffering, but knowing this, he still got on the boat.
In today’s vernacular, that’s standing at departure gates, whispering one last “I love you,” through choked back tears. It’s knowing somehow, He gives you grace to make that seemingly endless journey one more time. It’s getting up again while in a valley of discouragement and saying “I still believe.”
It looks like teaching Bible studies, leading worship, and that late night “Jesus” moment over coffee with someone who’s just been introduced. It looks like agonizing labour and travail, full on battle, and finally unlimited victory when Jesus steps in. It’s turning around at heavens gates, while others walk alone, and saying, “Hey, look, they came with me.”
I think Paul understood, revival will not come with comfortable Christianity and complacent prayers. Revival will come when we partner with the one who has ALL power and choose again to say,
One more time,
“Yes, Jesus. I will. still. GO.”
To all my wonderful supporters, family and friends, I wish you a very Merry Christmas! May you be filled with joy this holiday season and share the good news of Jesus with those around you. Be blessed abundantly in 2016 with the things that matter most … Most importantly, with His presence transforming our lives and the lives of those around us.
Hey Everyone! Here is my latest newsletter! Sorry life has been on hyperdrive so I’m a bit behind in posting http://us5.campaign-archive1.com/?u=07b259484f7f94580c43b6d70&id=a64550213b&e=[UNIQID]
Waiting on a train for another train to pass.
I don’t know the reason why the delay, I don’t know what has occured, or what I will face later down the track, but I trust the “Driver” to get me to the correct destination.
My response to the journey directly affects my destiny. I can panic and run for another train, to another “safe” location, or I can cling in faith to the one who knows my way. When he has tried me I will COME FORTH as gold.
My place of residence is not this trial, I am just passing through, and it is my desire to allow the process of getting from A-Z spiritually to transform me into a vessel He can use for His glory.
I want my prayers to affect nations, my ministry to impact thousands, not because its about me, but because gold reflects the glory of the Maker, and Master Designer. It’s all about Him.
I want Jesus to get the glory. To take out the impurities and blemishes that keep the world from seeing Him in me, that keep me from being a conduit of His power.
I want to lay down all resistance to Him and begin to walk in the flow… Where ever He takes me. And I admit, that the destination doesn’t always seem so clear, but I trust Him to plan the journey.
And to get me there.
I’m sticking with Him. For His thoughts are not my thoughts, His ways are not my ways. I would not, in my shortsighted humanity, have chosen the track I follow now, but His purposes were and are higher. And I want to go higher, to His presence and His will and in His way.
Wait on the LORD: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the LORD. Psalm 27:14
Wait on the LORD, and keep his way, and he shall exalt thee to inherit the land: when the wicked are cut off, thou shalt see [it]. Psalm 37:34
But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
10 July 2015
You might be a Missionary if…
You have glued your wallet back together (twice)
Someone dares you to eat garlic bread ice cream for missions and you do it (ok, Missionary Coffee counts as missions)
You have preached during a tornado
Your car has a blow up mattress, cleaning supplies and juice just in case you ever get inside your house
People talk to you and you answer in your current language (that was the LAST Bible study)
You literally dream about event coordinating and world wide revival being everyday
You pray to see the supernatural revealed. Like. Now. Cause we are Acts 29. Might as well.
Your inbox is full and overflowing cause in all that action you forgot to reply and deadlines are looming but you’re still smiling cause somebody got delivered in Jesus name!
People say “Missions” and you are pretty sure your heart twitched. Or broke. Or melted in a puddle on the floor because you realised that it’s up to us to fulfil His commission.
Chances are… You just might be called to Missions.
#helpaMissionarykeepsane #applyforAIM #aim2go
Needs you can help with:
1. Become one of 20 new Partner in Missions for $25, 50, 100 per month. These monies go towards evangelism, travel, housing and food, and to my PIMs thank you for continuing YOUR COMMITMENTS!
2. Attending General Conference in Llanduno, Wales (translate work and worship) for $500. There are several national events throughout the year we love and are expected to join in with, so a sponsor just to cover these recurring costs would be a godsend.
3. Obtaining new visa £1,200 in legal and governmental fees (this will save you and me in long term) but right now it will save flights, finance and a huge load of stress. And my body 🙂 only have one.
4. Changing over to UK Drivers License (will leave the car for another letter) $85 initial permit, plus $$$ for insurance and full British Licence. This will save our youth from walking, AIMers from being stranded at the airport when they take Ryanair red-eye flights to save funds, and Missionaries like my Pastor from taking unnecessary trips. It also means we can take more ministry/missions trips and pass the passion on.
How can I give?
1. Fill out one of those handy PIM forms and mail it to my friend Pat Morgan, ATTN Allison Mitchell, 8855 Dunn Road, Hazelwood, MO 63042. Then you just mail in your checks to United Pentecostal Church International (please make sure they are marked Allison Mitchell No. 189249 in the memo section), every month. These donations are tax deductible, and your church can receive Missions Giving Credit by using this method.
2. Send a love offering to the same address, or online. Again, please make sure that you put my Associate Missionary Number, 189249, on the online form, so the funds go to the right person 🙂 These donations are also tax deductible.
3. If this all sounds just way too confusing, and you would rather talk to me in person (OK, realistically, on the phone,) to find out how to give, just e-mail me at email@example.com, and I will be happy to get back to you as soon as possible! And make it as easy as possible to give!
4. Tweet this like mad. Share it on Facebook and Instagram. Print it off and give it to your grandmother. Have a coffee morning with full colour copies of my newsletter and invite all your friends! You could even play one of my YouTube videos, or have one created for your Youth, College and Career or Sunday School class. Talk to your Pastor about setting up a date for me to Skype, FaceTime or Youtube into your service to share my burden for the UK, and of course, pray like crazy for each new day to Reach UK for Jesus!
Where was your Missionary?
c.) Northern Ireland
d.) On the boat/train/bus/plane
e. ) England
f.) Bible Study/Church/Meeting
g.) All of the above
If you answer correctly you get a FREE PIM form
SOoo this is a new experiment, kind of, for my Missions Directors, supporters, prayer buddies, and just people that want to hear what about what God is doing in the UK! Sorry for the lack of sleep, and scratchy voice, but hey, God has been at work 🙂 and you and I get to be a part of it! Be blessed, be encouraged, and take revival viral! Glory to Jesus